Lessons I’ve learned from yoga
1. Relax and breathe.
2. Even the most challenging situation will end eventually, so stay calm.
3. If it’s over, let it go.
4. If it’s not over, let it go anyway. Detach from negative situations and emotions.
5. Need support? Get some support. It doesn’t make you weak; it makes you stronger.
6. Don’t compare yourself to others.
7. Do what’s good for you.
8. Observe, but don’t judge.
9. Appreciate your body.
10. Relax and breathe.
You don’t have to get a job that makes others feel comfortable about what they perceive as your success. You don’t have to explain what you plan to do with your life. You don’t have to justify your education by demonstrating its financial rewards. You don’t have to maintain an impeccable credit score.
You have to pay your own electric bill. You have to be kind. You have to find people who love you truly and love them back with the same truth. But that’s all.
July 6, 1907: Frida Kahlo is born.
I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought, there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.